Get in touchOur website
What we do:
The Be Home Safe scheme is a free referral service giving security to victims of crime and helps vulnerable people to stay safe.
You can find out more on their website.
What the scheme does
- Checks door locks and upgrade if necessary
- Fit door chains if necessary
- Fit door viewers if necessary
- Installs window locks if necessary
- Fit window alarms if necessary
- Supplies personal alarms if necessary
- Looks at overall security of the property
- Advises on security improvements
What the scheme does not do
- Replace or renew broken glass
- Temporary boarding of doors or windows
- Repairs to doors or windows after forced entry by police
- Renewal of window, doors, sashes or frames
- Cold call, we always make appointments
- Deal with fences or hedges
- Carry out electrical work such as lighting, cameras or alarm systems
Who can use the scheme
- People over the age of 65
- Victims of hate crime
- Victims of burglary or fraud
- Victims of domestic, sexual or racial violence
- Any vulnerable member of the community
How can I get referred?
If you fit the above criteria, contact your local PCSO or PC to see if they can arrange a visit by the Be Home Safe Scheme.
- Be Home Safe is not an emergency service
- Be Home Safe work Monday to Friday during office hours
- There is a waiting list