Get in touchOur website
What we do:
Endeavour is a unique fully furnished 4 bedroom holiday let property, set up by a family who have 2 adult sons with autism and learning disabilities. We provide the accommodation only, giving you choice and control over who supports you there, so you will need to ensure that you have an adequate support package in place before booking.
Endeavour2achieve is aimed at young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in transition and those with learning disabilities and autism who are looking to take a supported short break or find an innovative way to complete an assessment that can effectively inform a care and support package for their future planning.
The accommodation that we provide here at Endeavour can help people to:
- Review and develop their independent living skills
- Fulfil their true potentialDevelop their independence
- Improve their relationships and social skills
- Build confidence using local communitiesIdentify and overcome barriers to living independently
- Try out a ‘compatibility experience’ that will give a small group the opportunity to practice living together to check out their compatibility before committing to a binding tenancy
People staying here also have access to a wide range of local amenities, shops, and pubs and can explore Somerset’s many local attractions, community events, leisure activities and beautiful countryside and wildlife.
Our purpose is to:
- Inspire innovative short breaks
- Provide an alternative to traditional services
- Improve consumer choice in the social care market place
- Build community confidence
To help make our purpose a reality, we offer our accommodation in some uniquely flexible ways.
We know, for example, that it can be difficult to find a short breaks venue that is available for less than a whole day or hireable for longer stays (up to 28 consecutive days). Here at Endeavour, we can offer a real home environment with the flexibility you need for small lengths of stay on a one off or a regular basis.
Our unique day time rate, can be really helpful for people, who might find staying away overnight to be a really big step. With our day time rate, a group can visit daily throughout a week without sleeping over with a gradual aim of achieving an overnight stay. From experience we have found that an overnight visit will often help a person and their family decide whether they are ready for the next steps towards more independence, and if not quite yet, what level of support would they need in their own home to achieve it.
Endeavour is available for hire by individuals and their families, and also by other care and support providers plus schools and colleges. It can be hired for the day from as little as £15 per person based on 4 people sharing.
Please do visit our website or get in touch with us to find out more.